Monday 3 March 2014

My music magazine cover (PROGRESS)

In this post I'm going to show my progress of how I edited my picture for my music magazine cover.
1) First of all, I did a photoshoot with a model that I chose will be the most suitable when it comes to the looks of the magazine. I had to think about the clothes that would suit the image of the magazine. I decided to dress her in a black t-shirt with a cat on it and black shorts. I decided to dress her that way as black clothing is matching the rock image. The choker that she was wearing during the photoshoot looks a bit Gothic so we can see alternative look that suits the type of music that i want my magazine to represent. Also, the hairstyle is very simple as messy to show that image. 


2) Furthermore, I decided to edit the background and by the use of photoshop I created a white background, so I have clean canvas to work on. During the editing I have also worked on the way that I wanted my picture to look like. I wanted colours to be slightly faded as it gives the image a soft look, which I was looking for. I did that as I already had a white background so colours that are too vibrant would look a bit too harsh. I had to make two copies of that photograph,one that had no background and one that did. I had to do it as I wanted to put the title of the magazine at the back.
3) Once I finished editing my picture I decided that it is a right time to start working on all of the information that I want my magazine to have. The main colours that I used were Aqua, Yellow, White and Black as they are complementing each other. They are making each other stand out. 'The Legacy' is in very simple and bold font, in Aqua colour. I also decided to layer 'the' on letter 'L' as it makes it look more iconic. It's something that people will remember about my magazine. I have also used a shadow at the back of the font to make the title look more 3D. The layout that I decided to use is pretty simple and I was definitely inspired my AP magazine. It has a minimum information as is focusing on one band when it comes to cover page. For the quote I decided to use a different font and colour so it doesn't blend with the rest of the magazine. I have also used some parts of Kerrang! magazine such as, the bottom information bar where we can see what other bands are mention in the magazine. However, I'm not happy with the way that it turned out so I'm going to change it and compare.
Paramore AP Magazine by Nantzgrimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment