Saturday 29 March 2014

Question 1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

 
Cover: 
I've based my magazine cover on AP and Rock Sound magazine. I have decided use those two magazines as they are both similar to each other and they are both successful magazines. However, AP is a US magazine and Rock Sound is a UK magazine so they are a bit different from each other in terms of content and layout, that's why I wanted to look at them.



Title & Font:

The title of my magazine was based on both of this magazines. The font that I've used for my title is similar to Rock Sound's one as I like how simple things can be very effective. I've also decided to use Rock Sound title style as it's readable, the last thing I want is a title that my reader can't read.

The Rock Sound magazine title's also fits in with the style of my magazine, as it's very clean, simple and minimalistic. I didn't want to create a hot mess, like some Kerrang! magazines can look like. That's why I decided to decrease the amount of information on my magazine to the minimum. 


Paramore AP Magazine by Nantzgrimmie






When it comes to the colours of my title, I've been inspired by AP magazine to use bright colours that would also match with the colour of the subtitle (name of the band). I wanted to use this concept as it shows the connection between the band and the magazine. So as we can see of my cover page the colour of my title is the same colour as my subtitle.


I liked the way that AP is also adjusting the colour of the title to match the bands image. So every issue has its own individuality, every issue always looks different.
I have also used bright colour just like they did with the PARAMORE issue of AP. 


Main photograph:

The main photograph that I've used for my cover was also inspired by AP magazine. However, I decided that instead of using a group shot I'll just use one model for my cover. I decided to do it as I wanted to create an interview that would be just around one main person, lead singer. However I have used the same concept as AP and Rock Sound, my main singer was placed in the middle to show their importance.
 The way that I've dressed my model was inspired by Rock Sound magazine as on it we can see a girl wearing casual clothes, very minimalistic clothing with minimal accessories. In addition we can also see a heavy eye make up being used to show the edgy style. So I have used the same style in my photography. My model is wearing a long black t-shirt with choker and dark make up to represent the genre of music.

The photograph does fit with the style of my magazine as it clearly shows the style of the music that my magazine is featuring. As we can see stereotypical aspects in the way that my model looks like. We can see that she is wearing all black, what shows 'emo', dark style that rock/metal music is usually stereotyped with. Furthermore, we can see that she is wearing a choker and a dark eye make up what again is showing this dark and edgy style. The long bangs and messy hair that my model also has also supports the stereotype of being 'emo'/ alternative.








No comments:

Post a Comment